Wednesday, March 09, 2005

9 March 2005

The Vig
The Bankruptcy Bill - Digby (the heading is his) here, and Majikthise has wonderful pictures (Doré certainly suits the age). I take this one personally, not because I've filed for bankruptcy, but because I've escaped doing so, narrowly. I was sick a few years ago, could be treated as an outpatient, but I lost work and there were certainly late fees and penalties on what debt I had. I've managed to pay down a couple of those accounts since, even with the sub-market money I make on this gig - what remains still accounts for more than 30% of my income. With this bill, I have zero hope that I'll gain any advantage in interest rates on any debt I retire, and the prospects of any gap whatsoever in employment, or the consequences of another illness or accident, are dire.
And watch out for checking on your credit reports, kids - every inquiry takes points off your score, your own as well as any associated with applications for new credit. I'm in no shape to assume any more credit lines than I already have, and I tear up new card offers fucking daily, some with interest rates that even an idiot would find insane.
See illustration, above.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey grishaxxx,

Your blog "this post", leads me to believe you will find my information on ourBest Career Wages site to be very beneficial.

Some of the not so common searches that found our extensive wages site included ...

Clerks Wages
Hairdressers Wages
Chemists Wages
Production Wages
Fire Fighters Wages
Sales Representatives Wages
Pilots Wages
Machine Operators Wages.

We have many hundreds of "essential to read" articles on wages and career topics in addition to many other popular subjects in our Average Career Wages site.

Best Wishes
Emily